Listener Seth T. Bacon asks what is Microsoft’s position on third-party developed tools. To answer the question, Daryl and Jonas invited Matt Barbour, Principal Platform Architect – Common Data Services for Applications Platform (CAP) at Microsoft to answer the question:
- Controls and constraints at the api level
- Will Microsoft make community tools obsolete in the future?
- Will Microsoft offer open sourceable tools?
- How community-developed tools affect Microsoft roadmap.
- Does Microsoft monitor third-party tools?
- The most popular tools within Microsoft
- Early-bound vs. late-bound debate
Got feedback or suggestions for a future episode? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @XrmToolCast.
This episode is a production of Dynamic Podcasts LLC. Subscribe to the CRM Audio network of podcasts on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Player.FM, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher, or YouTube. You can also listen via our app on iOSor Android.