In this episode (brought to you by KingswaySoft), Neil Benson covers:
- The benefits of planning poker: gain a shared understanding of the work, bring diverse perspectives to the estimation process and estimate the work as we learn about the Dynamics 365 system.
- Who plays planning poker: the role of Scrum team developers, the product owner and proxy product owners in estimation.
- When to play planning poker during each sprint: sprint planning and storytime.
- What to play planning poker with: planning poker cards, com, Planitpoker.com or Scrumpoker.online, or ScrumPoker4Devs from the Visual Studio Marketplace.
- How to play planning poker: describe the requirement, estimate independently, reveal estimations, discuss outliers and play again until consensus is reached.
- Things to do before you play: agree your estimation units and scale, baseline user story and definition of done.
Remember to download the Scrum Terms Worksheet for a handy guide to all the Scrum terms you hear in this episode.
Want to learn more about using Scrum with Dynamics? check out https://crm.audio/scrumdynamics/ for additional resources and a 26% discount on Neil’s Scrum Dynamics course.