This episode is sponsored by KingswaySoft.
Full show notes available here: https://www.nz365guy.com/14
James Phillips is a Microsoft corporate vice president and leader of the company’s Business Applications Group – a product development organization with over 5,000 team members spanning the globe.
His teams build and operate Microsoft’s SaaS, aPaaS and developer PaaS services, Dynamics 365, Stream, the Power aPaaS platform (Power BI, PowerApps, Flow, Common Data Service), and a wide range of Azure services including AppService, Functions, LogicApps, API Management and Media Services.
James joined Microsoft in 2012 as a strategy advisor to Satya Nadella, then president of Microsoft’s Cloud and Enterprise division.
Before joining Microsoft, James was founder and CEO of multiple software companies; held engineering, product management, corporate development and marketing leadership roles at Intel, VMware and Synopsys; and spent two years as a technology investment banker with UBS PaineWebber advising public and private software companies on M&A strategy and execution.
He holds a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and earned his MBA, with honors, from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
In this Episode
- Microsoft Business Applications in 2018
- Leading a 5000+ strong team at Microsoft
- Challenges of leading a large team
- Manage competing priorities
- The long-term future for on-premise
- Leverage the power of Office365 and Azure for on-premise
- Enterprise Microsoft Flow
- Common Data Services (CDS)
- Customer focus for development
- Microsoft Business Application for Microsoft Partners
- Microsoft partners that are executing well in Business Applications
- AI and the role that it will play in the future of Business Applications
- Dynamics 365 https://dynamics.microsoft.com
- PowerApps https://powerapps.microsoft.com
- Power BI https://powerbi.microsoft.com
- Microsoft Flow https://flow.microsoft.com
- Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance by Michael E. Porter http://amzn.to/2H7kHFa
- Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors by Michael E. Porter http://amzn.to/2G4824z
- Forged in Crisis: The Power of Courageous Leadership in Turbulent Times by Nancy Koehn http://amzn.to/2skhRcz
- Uber https://www.uber.com/invite/marks1145
- Strava https://www.strava.com/mobile
- Zwift https://zwift.com
Please Subscribe, Comment and get in touch
For topic and guest suggestions, please use the following link: https://www.nz365guy.com/podcast
Your Host is Mark Smith – nz365guy
Business Solutions MVP
I dunno by grapes (c) copyright 2008 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/grapes/16626 Ft: J Lang, Morusque