In this episode (sponsored by Ingenius), Charles Lamanna from Microsoft joins us to answer our questions about the new release of Common Data Service.
Charles is the General Manager, Application Platform at Microsoft, leading the development and product management teams for Microsoft Business Applications (Dynamics 365, PowerApps, Flow, Common Data Service).
Microsoft recently announced that Dynamics 365 and CDS are coming together, but some people might be confused about what that really means. In this episode, Charles clarifies:
- What does the new release of CDS mean for Dynamics 365 customers?
- What does the new release of CDS mean for PowerApps users?
- How does the new release simplify integration with Finance and Operations?
- Will ISV’s be able to extend the integration templates?
- How does PowerQuery fit in?
- Does CDS fulfill the vision of “naked XRM?”
- How does the CDS/Power Apps/Dynamics convergence account for security?
- How should customers decide if an app scenario is model-driven or canvas?
- Will PowerApps and Dynamics solution explorer come together?
For more information, see Charles Lamanna talk about PowerApps 2018 release.
Get in touch with Charles