This week we are re-joined by MVP Sukrut Parab and Sr. Architect Satish Panwar to talk about what you need to know about ALM best practices for a Dynamics 365 F&O deployment.
- Phases of ALM
- Why you need to use a good ALM process
- Manual vs. automated deployments
- Automated testing
- Can ALM work with other systems than DevOps?
- Common mistakes
- Common environment and deployment strategies
- Build and Test Automation –https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/perf-test/continuous-build-test-automation
- Sys Test Framework –https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/perf-test/testing-validation
- Azure dev ops Auto upload of package – https://community.dynamics.com/365/financeandoperations/b/newdynamicsax/posts/first-azure-devops-task-released
- Azure dev ops task to deploy code – https://community.dynamics.com/365/financeandoperations/b/newdynamicsax/posts/azure-devops-task-to-deploy-code
- Version control – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/dev-tools/version-control-metadata-navigation